In simple words, the entrepreneurship development process is about supporting entrepreneurs to advance their skills with the help of training and coaching classes. It encourages them to make better judgments and take sensible decisions for all business activities.
Process of Entrepreneurship Development
The below-mentioned steps will illustrate how to build an effective entrepreneurship development program for an entrepreneur to organize and launch new ventures.
- Discover – Any new process begins with fresh ideas and objectives, wherein the entrepreneur recognizes and analyzes business possibilities. The analysis of opportunities is a risky task, and an entrepreneur looks out for inputs from other persons, including channel partners, employees, technical people, consumers, etc. to reach an ideal business opportunity.
- Evaluation – The evaluation of an opportunity can be done by asking several questions to oneself. For instance, questions like whether it is worth taking a chance and investing in the idea, will it attract the consumer, what are the competitive advantages and the risk linked with it are asked. A reasonable and sensible entrepreneur will also analyze his skills and whether it matches his entrepreneurial objectives or not.
- Developing a plan – After the identification of an opportunity, an entrepreneur has to build a complete business plan. It is the most important step for new business as it sets a standard and the assessment criteria and sees if a company is working towards the set goals.
- Resources – The next step in the process of entrepreneurial development is resourcing. Here, the entrepreneur recognizes the source of finance and from where the human resource can be managed. In this step, the entrepreneur also tries to find investors for his new business.
- Managing the company – After the hiring process and funds are raised now its time to start the operation to accomplish the desired goals. All the entrepreneur will decide on the management structure that will be assigned to resolve the operational problems whenever it occurs.
- Harvesting – The last step in this process is harvesting, where an entrepreneur determines the future growth and development of the business. Here, real-time development is compared with the projected growth, and then the business security or the extension is initiated accordingly.